LIFE OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Here are some tips to find unconventional resources:
“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.”
- Read things from other fields – Most people read about their own fields, so you can gain an edge by reading things from other fields. Even the seemingly unrelated fields can often give you fresh ideas or make you aware of new business opportunities.
- Place yourself around people from different cultures and races – Similarly, people from different cultures often see things differently and you can learn a lot from them. Ideally, you should know people from as many different cultures as possible.
- Read challenging stuff – Challenging reading material may be difficult but it is a great place to find hidden ideas and nuggets that can transform your business.
- Be curious – Curiosity is your ticket to the unconventional world. If you are not curious, you won’t have the passion to explore the unfamiliar. By being curious you will enjoy the exploration and naturally explore wider and deeper.
- Read autobiographies – Within a memoir you can get a person lifetime of wisdom in 300 pages or less.
- Read things from different languages – If english is your first language attempt to read something in Portuguese or hebrew. Reading the bible in hebrew gives you a completely different perspective.
- Meet people outside of your field – People from different fields can give you fresh perspectives you might haven’t considered before, so expand your social network to include them.
Listen to episode 10 podcast on iTunes – Seizing The Opportunity
Listen to episode 10 podcast on Soundcloud – Seizing The Opportunity