7 Juicing Recipes for Working Out
Burn fat, build muscle
Juicing recipes for energy
Juicing is a wonderful way to cleanse the body. But did you know it’s also beneficial for protecting and building muscle, as well as burning fat? We’ve found some yummy blends of fruits, veggies and herbs that will help boost metabolism and maximize your fitness efforts.
1. Juicing Recipes for Working Out – The Pre-Workout Muscle Protector (approx 8 oz)
Whip this up before you work out and your muscles will have a great supply of beta-carotene and anti-oxidants, plus a little energy boost with the addition of ginseng powder (find at your natural foods store).
- 8 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. ginseng powder
Thoroughly wash and juice carrots and garlic, stir in ginseng and go for it!
2. Juicing Recipes for Recovery – Tart Cherry Muscle Recovery (approx 10-12 oz)
The juice from tart cherries has been found to help with muscle recovery, according to the British Journal of Sports Medicine. Blending with a sweet apple and strawberries will tone down the tartness and make this a refreshing burst of energy after an especially taxing workout.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 pound organic tart cherries, pits removed
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled if not organic)
- 1/2 lemon (peeled)
Thoroughly wash ingredients, peel lemon and cucumber (if not organic), process through juicer and enjoy.
3. Juicing Recipes for Weight Loss – The Fat Burning Refresher (approx 12 oz)
This is a great recipe to drink after an exhausting workout. The citrus mint blend will awaken your senses and the grapefruit will help you burn fat, as well as make you feel fuller longer.
- 1 sweet apple (skin on) or a ripe pear
- 1 grapefruit (thinly peeled)
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 sticks celery
Thoroughly wash ingredients, peel grapefruit, process in a juicer, stir and enjoy!
4. Juicing Recipes for Healing – Protein Power Regenerator (approx 12 oz)
You may not have thought about juicing almonds before, but they’ll provide a great supply of protein after a muscle burning workout. Combined with a sweet potato for added potassium, this recipe is a great tool for muscle recovery.
- 1 apple
- 1 orange (peeled)
- 1 handful of almonds
- 1 yam (sweet potato)
Peel the orange, wash all ingredients thoroughly, process through a juicer and enjoy.
5. Juicing Recipes for Energy – Super Hydrating Sports Drink (approx 16-20 oz)
After a super sweaty workout, you’ll need to rehydrate and replenish lost minerals. This tasty recipe will do the trick.
- 3 cups watermelon (no rind)
- 1/2 medium grapefruit (thinly peeled)
- 1 cucumber (peeled if not organic)
- dash of Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
Cut the rind from the watermelon, peel grapefruit and cucumber (if using an organic cucumber you can leave peel on), process through juicer, then stir in a dash of sea salt. Add ice and enjoy!
6. Juicing Recipes for Renewal – Calming Hydrator (approx 10 oz)
This recipe will both cleanse and replenish your body after a good cardio workout. The ginger will stimulate your brain, awakening your senses while calming your mood.
- 1 small beet with greens
- 1 red apple
- 4 carrots
- 2 inch chunk of ginger
- 1 lemon (peeled)
Thoroughly scrub all ingredients, process through juicer and enjoy.
7. Juicing Recipes for Stamina – Energy Boosting Post Workout Smoothie (approx 10-12 oz)
After a weight workout, you want to feed your body plenty of protein to help your muscles regenerate. Your body will be looking for fuel to burn, and this smoothie will hit the spot with all the right nutrients, plus a little boost of caffeine to re energize.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- ¼ cup iced coffee
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
If you don’t have a blender, juice a few handfuls of almonds, mash a banana and stir or shake ingredients together. If all you have is a blender, you’ll want to use almond milk (or another type of milk) to blend with your other ingredients.
8. Juicing Recipes for Peak Performance – Performance Enhancing Boosting Post Workout Smoothie (approx 10-12 oz)
After a weight workout, you want to feed your body plenty of protein to help your muscles regenerate. Your body will be looking for fuel to burn, and this smoothie will hit the spot with all the right nutrients, plus a little gut health.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 apple
- 6 strawberries
- 1/4 Pineapple
- open 1 capsule of any high quality probiotic – Ultimate Gut Health Probiotic
- open 1 capsule of super male optimizer probiotic
- 1 scoops unflavored whey protein powder
- lots of ice, lots of ice, fluoride, chemical free…
This is a powerful smoothie that you can just take your time as you relax.